Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Informed Decision

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy Informed Decision

    So today has been stressful to say the least. I took my 2 year old son to the ENT because of sleep issues he has been having. Apparently it is OSA (obstructive sleep apnea). He has some huge tonsils and the ENT doc wants to do surgery (tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy).
    While I know that this is not what they call a "major" surgery, it is to me because he is my baby. I have been looking on the net for more info on this surgery and for OSA. His surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning and he will be staying overnight. Has anyone else had their children go through this. The anxiety and worrying has got me all tore up.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    One of my twins went through this at about 5. He did okay, probably better than mom and dad did. Hope this helps.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    I don't have any kids but I'll say a prayer for him. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    Have everything goes good i'm sure it will. I'll be thinking about him
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    I'll be praying and thinking about the little guy. Please keep us posted.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    Well I chickened out and rescheduled for November. He is going to have it done, its just Thursday is not the right time. I don't know if it's worry and anxiety or that feeling parent's get about something not being right or maybe it is a mixture of both. I called this morning to reschedule and set it for November and there will be no rescheduling then. I know he HAS to have this done, we have no choice. I really do thank everyone for their prayers, it really means a lot to me and while I rescheduled his surgery, please continue to keep him in your prayers.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    Just an update...

    After some careful consideration and tons of praying we have decided to wait until my son is three before putting him through surgery. The Doctor that we took him to explained to us that while they do the surgeries on children that are two they prefer to wait until they are three and over because apparently they do better in regards to eating and drinking.

    I really do appreciate all the kind words,thoughts and prayers. You guys are great!!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    So how long until his 3rd birthday? And update us whenever you get it scheduled so we can keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    He will be 3 in May.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Informed Decision

    He's got a ways to go then. Gives us all time to pray even more for him and you. I hope you can relax a bit about for a while now.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •